- (2:5) And I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and behold a man with a measuring line in his hand.
- (2:6) Then said I: "Whither goest thou?" And he said unto me: "To measure Jerusalem, to see what is the breadth thereof, and what is the length thereof."
- (2:7) And, behold, the angel that spoke with me went forth, and another angel went out to meet him,
- (2:8) and said unto him: "Run, speak to this young man, saying: "Jerusalem shall be inhabited without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein.
- (2:9) For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and I will be the glory in the midst of her.
- (2:10) Ho, ho, flee then from the land of the north, saith the LORD;
for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.
- (2:11) Ho, Zion, escape, thou that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon."
- (2:12) For thus saith the LORD of hosts who sent me after glory unto the nations which spoiled you: "Surely, he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.
- (2:13) For, behold, I will shake My hand over them, and they shall be a spoil to those that served them";
and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me.
- (2:14) "Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion;
for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.
- (2:15) And many nations shall join themselves to the LORD in that day, and shall be My people, and I will dwell in the midst of thee";
and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.
- (2:16) And the LORD shall inherit Judah as His portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.
- (2:17) Be silent, all flesh, before the LORD;
for He is aroused out of His holy habitation.