- And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him.
- And the LORD said unto Satan: "The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan, yea, the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee;
is not this man a brand plucked out of the fire?"
- Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
- And he answered and spoke unto those that stood before him, saying: "Take the filthy garments from off him." And unto him he said: "Behold, I cause thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with robes."
- And I said: "Let them set a fair mitre upon his head." So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments;
and the angel of the LORD stood by.
- And the angel of the LORD forewarned Joshua, saying:
- "Thus saith the LORD of hosts: If thou wilt walk in My ways, and if thou wilt keep My charge, and wilt also judge My house, and wilt also keep My courts, then I will give thee free access among these that stand by.
- Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou and thy fellows that sit before thee;
for they are men that are a sign;
for, behold, I will bring forth My servant the Shoot.
- For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua;
upon one stone are seven facets;
behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts: And I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
- In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig-tree.