- Then again I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and behold a flying roll.
- And he said unto me: "What seest thou?" And I answered: "I see a flying roll;
the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits."
- Then said he unto me: "This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole land;
for every one that stealeth shall be swept away on the one side like it;
and every one that sweareth shall be swept away on the other side like it.
- I cause it to go forth, saith the LORD of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by My name;
and it shall abide in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof."
- Then the angel that spoke with me went forth, and said unto me: "Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth."
- And I said: "What is it?" And he said: "This is the measure that goeth forth." He said moreover: "This is their eye in all the land -
- and, behold, there was lifted up a round piece of lead - and this is a woman sitting in the midst of the measure."
- And he said: "This is Wickedness." And he cast her down into the midst of the measure, and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.
- Then lifted I up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there came forth two women, and the wind was in their wings;
for they had wings like the wings of a stork;
and they lifted up the measure between the earth and the heaven.
- Then said I to the angel that spoke with me: "Whither do these bear the measure?"
- And he said unto me: "To build her a house in the land of Shinar;
and when it is prepared, she shall be set there in her own place.