- The burden of the word of the LORD.
In the land of Hadrach, and in Damascus shall be His resting-place;
for the LORD"S is the eye of man and all the tribes of Israel.
- And Hamath also shall border thereon;
Tyre and Zidon, for she is very wise.
- And Tyre did build herself a stronghold, and heaped up silver as the dust, and fine gold as the mire of the streets.
- Behold, the Lord will impoverish her, and He will smite her power into the sea;
and she shall be devoured with fire.
- Ashkelon shall see it, and fear, Gaza also, and shall be sore pained, and Ekron, for her expectation shall be ashamed;
and the king shall perish from Gaza, and Ashkelon shall not be inhabited.
- And a bastard shall dwell in Ashdod, and I will cut off the pride of the Philistines.
- And I will take away his blood out of his mouth, and his detestable things from between his teeth, and he also shall be a remnant for our God;
and he shall be as a chief in Judah, and Ekron as a Jebusite.
- And I will encamp about My house against the army, that none pass through or return;
and no oppressor shall pass through them any more;
for now have I seen with Mine eyes.
- Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion, shout, O daughter of Jerusalem;
behold, thy king cometh unto thee, he is triumphant, and victorious, lowly, and riding upon an ass, even upon a colt the foal of an ass.
- And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off, and he shall speak peace unto the nations;
and his dominion shall be from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth.
- As for thee also, because of the blood of thy covenant I send forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water.
- Return to the stronghold, ye prisoners of hope;
even to-day do I declare that I will render double unto thee.
- For I bend Judah for Me, I fill the bow with Ephraim;
and I will stir up thy sons, O Zion, against thy sons, O Javan, and will make thee as the sword of a mighty man.
- And the LORD shall be seen over them, and His arrow shall go forth as the lightning;
and the Lord GOD will blow the horn, and will go with whirlwinds of the south.
- The LORD of hosts will defend them;
and they shall devour, and shall tread down the sling-stones;
and they shall drink, and make a noise as through wine;
and they shall be filled like the basins, like the corners of the altar.
- And the LORD their God shall save them in that day as the flock of His people;
for they shall be as the stones of a crown, glittering over His land.
- For how great is their goodness, and how great is their beauty!
Corn shall make the young men flourish, and new wine the maids.