- Woe to her that is filthy and polluted, to the oppressing city!
- She hearkened not the voice, she received not correction;
she trusted not in the LORD, she drew not near to her God.
- Her princes in the midst of her are roaring lions;
her judges are wolves of the desert, they leave not a bone for the morrow.
- Her prophets are wanton and treacherous persons;
her priests have profaned that which is holy, they have done violence to the law.
- The LORD who is righteous is in the midst of her, He will not do unrighteousness;
every morning doth He bring His right to light, it faileth not;
but the unrighteous knoweth no shame.
- I have cut off nations, their corners are desolate;
I have made their streets waste, so that none passeth by;
their cities are destroyed, so that there is no man, so that there is no inhabitant.
- I said: "Surely thou wilt fear Me, thou wilt receive correction;
so her dwelling shall not be cut off, despite all that I have visited upon her";
but they betimes corrupted all their doings.
- Therefore wait ye for Me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey;
for My determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them Mine indignation, even all My fierce anger;
for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of My jealousy.
- For then will I turn to the peoples a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve Him with one consent.
- From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia shall they bring My suppliants, even the daughter of My dispersed, as Mine offering.
- In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against Me;
for then I will take away out of the midst of thee thy proudly exulting ones, and thou shalt no more be haughty in My holy mountain.
- And I will leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall take refuge in the name of the LORD.
- The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies, neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth;
for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
- Sing, O daughter of Zion, shout, O Israel;
be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
- The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, He hath cast out thine enemy;
The King of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee;
thou shalt not fear evil any more.
- In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem: "Fear thou not;
O Zion, let not thy hands be slack.
- The LORD thy God is in the midst of thee, a Mighty One who will save;
He will rejoice over thee with joy, He will be silent in His love, He will joy over thee with singing."
- I will gather them that are far from the appointed season, who are of thee, that hast borne the burden of reproach.
- Behold, at that time I will deal with all them that afflict thee;
and I will save her that is lame, and gather her that was driven away;
and I will make them to be a praise and a name, whose shame hath been in all the earth.
- At that time will I bring you in, and at that time will I gather you;
for I will make you to be a name and a praise among all the peoples of the earth, when I turn your captivity before your eyes, saith the LORD.