- The sonnes of Iudah: Pharez, Hezron, and Carmi, and Hur, and Shobal.
- And Reaiah, the son of Shobal, begate Iahath, and Iahath begate Ahumai, & Lahad.
These are the families of the Zorathites.
- And these were of the father of Etam: Iezreel & Ishma, & Idbash: and the name of their sister was Hazelelponi.
- And Penuel the father of Gedor, and Ezer the father of Hushah.
These are the sonnes of Hur, the first borne of Ephratah, the father of Bethlehem.
- And Ashur the father of Tekoa, had two wiues: Helah, & Naarah.
- And Naarah bare him Ahusam, and Hepher, and Temeni, and Ahashtari.
These were the sonnes of Naarah.
- And the sonnes of Helah were: Zereth, and Zoar, and Ethnan.
- And Coz begate Anub, and Zobebah, and the families of Aharhel, the sonne of Harum.
- And Iabez was more honourable then his brethren: and his mother called his name Iabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.
- And Iabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest blesse mee indeede, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might bee with me, and that thou wouldest keepe mee from euill, that it may not grieue me.
And God granted him that which he requested.
- And Chelub the brother of Shuah, begate Mehir, which was the father of Eshton.
- And Eshton begate Beth-rapha, and Paseah, and Tehinnah the father of Ir-nahash.
These are the men of Rechah.
- And the sonnes of Kenaz: Othniel, and Saraia: and the sonnes of Othniel, Hathath.
- And Meonothai begate Ophrah: and Seraiah begate Ioab, the father of the valley of Charasim, for they were craftesmen.
- And the sonnes of Caleb the sonne of Iephunneh: Iru, Elah, and Naam, and the sonnes of Elah, euen Kenaz.
- And the sonnes of Iehaleleel: Ziph, and Ziphah, Tiria, and Asareel.
- And the sonnes of Ezra were: Iether, and Mered, and Epher, and Ialon: and she bare Miriam, and Shammai, & Ishbah the father of Eshtemoa.
- And his wife Iehudiiah bare Iered the father of Gedor, and Heber the father of Socho, and Iekuthiel the father of Zanoah.
And these are the sonnes of Bithiah the daughter of Pharaoh, which Mered tooke.
- And the sonnes of his wife Hodiah, the sister of Naham the father of Keilah, the Garmite, and Eshtemoa the Maachathite.
- And the sonnes of Simeon were: Amnon, and Rinnah, Ben-hanan, and Tilon.
And the sonnes of Ishi were: Zoheth, and Ben-zoheth.
- The sonnes of Shelah the sonne of Iudah were: Er the father of Lecah, and Laadah the father of Mareshah, and the families of the house of them that wrought fine linnen, of the house of Ashbea.
- And Iokim, and the men of Chozeba, and Ioash, and Saraph, who had the dominion in Moab, & Iashubi Lehem.
And these are ancient things.
- These were the Potters, and those that dwelt amongst plants and hedges.
There they dwelt with the king for his worke.
- The sonnes of Simeon were: Nemuel, and Iamin, Iarib, Zerah, and Shaul:
- Shallum his sonne: Mibsam his sonne: Mishma his sonne.
- And the sonnes of Mishma: Hamuel his sonne, Zacchur his sonne, Shimei his sonne.
- And Shimei had sixteene sonnes, and sixe daughters, but his brethren had not many children, neither did all their family multiply like to the children of Iudah.
- And they dwelt at Beer-sheba, and Moladah, and Hazar-shual,
- And at Bilha, and at Ezem, and at Tolad,
- And at Bethuel, and at Hormah, and at Ziklag,
- And at Beth-marcaboth, and Hazar-Susim, and at Bethbirei, and at Shaaraim.
These were their cities, vnto the reigne of Dauid.
- And their villages were: Etam, and Ain, Rimmon, and Tochen, and Ashan, fiue cities.
- And all their villages that were round about the same cities, vnto Baal.
These were their habitations, and their genealogie:
- And Meshobab, and Iamlech, and Ioshah the sonne of Amashiah,
- And Ioel, and Iehu the sonne of Iosibia, the sonne of Seraia, the sonne of Asiel,
- And Elioenai, and Iaakobah, and Iesohaiah, and Asaiah, and Adiel, and Iesimiel, and Benaiah,
- And Ziza the sonne of Shiphi, the sonne of Allon, the sonne of Iedaia, the sonne of Shimri, the sonne of Shemaiah.
- These mentioned by their names, were Princes in their families, and the house of their fathers increased greatly.
- And they went to the entrance of Gedor, euen vnto the East side of the valley, to seeke pasture for their flocks.
- And they found fat pasture and good, and the land was wide, and quiet, and peaceable: for they of Ham had dwelt there of old.
- And these written by name, came in the dayes of Hezekiah king of Iudah, and smote their tents, and the habitations that were found there, and destroyed them vtterly vnto this day, and dwelt in their roomes: because there was pasture there for their flocks.
- And some of them, euen of the sonnes of Simeon, fiue hundred men, went to mount Seir, hauing for their captaines Pelatiah, and Neariah, and Rephaiah, and Uzziel, the sonnes of Ishi.
- And they smote the rest of the Amalekites that were escaped, and dwelt there vnto this day.