- I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Iesus Christ, who shall iudge the quicke and the dead at his appearing, and his kingdome:
- Preach the word, be instant in season, out of season, reprooue, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering & doctrine.
- For the time wil come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but after their owne lusts shall they heape to themselues teachers, hauing itching eares:
- And they shall turne away their eares from the trueth, and shall be turned vnto fables.
- But watch thou in all things, indure afflictions, doe the worke of an Euangelist, make full proofe of thy ministery.
- For I am now readie to bee offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
- I haue fought a good fight, I haue finished my course, I haue kept the faith.
- Hencefoorth there is layde vp for me a crowne of righteousnesse, which the Lord the righteous iudge shall giue me at that day: and not to me only, but vnto them also that loue his appearing.
- Doe thy diligence to come shortly vnto me:
- For Demas hath forsaken me, hauing loued this present world, and is departed vnto Thessalonica: Crescens to Galatia, Titus vnto Dalmatia.
- Onely Luke is with me.
Take Marke and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministerie.
- And Tychicus haue I sent to Ephesus.
- The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou commest, bring with thee, but especially the parchments.
- Alexander the Coppersmith did mee much euill, the Lord reward him according to his works.
- Of whom bee thou ware also, for he hath greatly withstood our words.
- At my first answere no man stood with mee, but all men forsooke mee: I pray God that it may not bee laid to their charge.
- Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me, that by me the preaching might be fully knowen, and that all the Gentiles might heare: and I was deliuered out of the mouth of the Lyon.
- And the Lord shall deliuer mee from euery euill worke, and will preserue me vnto his heauenly kingdome to whom bee glory for euer, and euer.
- Salute Prisca and Aquila, and the houshold of Onesiphorus.
- Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus haue I left at Miletum sicke.
- Doe thy diligence to come before winter.
Eubulus greeteth thee, and Pudens, and Linus, and Claudia, and all the brethren.
- The Lord Iesus Christ bee with thy spirit.
Grace be with you.
Amen.The second Epistle vnto Timotheus, ordeined the first Bishop of the Church of the Ephesians, was written from Rome, when Paul was brought before Nero the second time.