- Thus sayth the Lord, For three transgressions of Moab, and for foure, I wil not turne away the punishment thereof, because hee burnt the bones of the King of Edom into lime.
- But I will send a fire vpon Moab, and it shall deuoure the palaces of Kerioth, and Moab shall die with tumult, with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet:
- And I will cut off the iudge from the middest thereof, and wil slay all the princes thereof with him, sayeth the Lord.
- Thus sayth the Lord, For three transgressions of Iudah, and for foure, I will not turne away the punishment thereof;
because they haue despised the Law of the Lord, and haue not kept his Commandements, and their lies caused them to erre, after the which their fathers haue walked.
- But I will send a fire vpon Iudah, and it shall deuoure the palaces of Ierusalem.
- Thus sayth the Lord, For three transgressions of Israel, and for foure, I will not turne away the punishment thereof;
because they solde the righteous for siluer, and the poore for a paire of shooes:
- That pant after the dust of the earth on the head of the poore, and turne aside the way of the meeke;
and a man and his father will goe in vnto the same maid, to profane my holy Name.
- And they lay themselues downe vpon clothes laide to pledge, by euery Altar, and they drinke the wine of the condemned in the house of their God.
- Yet destroyed I the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of the Cedars, and hee was strong as the okes, yet I destroyed his fruite from aboue, and his rootes from beneath.
- Also I brought you vp from the land of Egypt, and ledde you fourtie yeeres through the wildernesse, to possesse the land of the Amorite.
- And I raised vp of your sonnes for Prophets, and of your young men for Nazarites.
Is it not euen thus, O ye children of Israel, saith the Lord ?
- But ye gaue the Nazarites wine to drinke, and commaunded the Prophets, saying, Prophecie not.
- Behold, I am pressed vnder you, as a cart is pressed that is ful of sheaues.
- Therefore the flight shall perish from the swift, and the strong shall not strengthen his force, neither shall the mightie deliuer himselfe:
- Neither shall hee stand that handleth the bow, and hee that is swift of foote, shall not deliuer himselfe, neither shall hee that rideth the horse, deliuer himselfe.
- And hee that is couragious among the mighty, shall flee away naked in that day, saith the Lord.