- Heare this word that the Lord hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family, which I brought vp from the land of Egypt, saying;
- You onely haue I knowen of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.
- Can two walke together, except they be agreed?
- Will a lyon roare in the forrest, when he hath no pray?
will a young lyon cry out of his den, if he haue taken nothing?
- Can a bird fall in a snare vpon the earth, where no ginne is for him?
shall one take vp a snare from the earth, and haue taken nothing at all?
- Shall a trumpet be blowen in the citie, and the people not be afraid?
shall there be euill in a citie, and the Lord hath not done it?
- Surely the Lord God will doe nothing, but he reuealeth his secret vnto his seruants the Prophets.
- The lyon hath roared, Who will not feare?
the Lord God hath spoken, Who can but prophecie?
- Publish in the palaces at Ashdod, and in the palaces in the land of Egypt, and say;
Assemble your selues vpon the mountaines of Samaria: and behold the great tumults in the midst thereof, and the oppressed in the midst thereof.
- For they know not to doe right, saith the Lord;
who store vp violence, and robberie in their palaces.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord God, An aduersarie there shall be euen round about the land: and he shal bring downe thy strength from thee, and thy palaces shall be spoiled.
- Thus saith the Lord, As the shepheard taketh out of the mouth of the lyon two legges or a piece of an eare;
so shall the children of Israel be taken out that dwell in Samaria, in the corner of a bed, and in Damascus in a couch.
- Heare yee and testifie in the house of Iacob, saith the Lord God, the God of hostes;
- That in the day that I shall visite the transgressions of Israel vpon him, I will also visite the altars of Bethel, and the hornes of the altar shall be cut off, and fall to the ground.
- And I will smite the winter house with the summer house;
and the houses of yuorie shall perish, and the great houses shall haue an end, saith the Lord.