- Moreouer the Spirit lift me vp, and brought me vnto the East gate of the Lords house, which looketh Eastward: and behold at the doore of the gate fiue and twenty men;
among whom I saw Iaazaniah the sonne of Azur, and Pelatiah the sonne of Benaiah, Princes of the people.
- Then said he vnto me;
Sonne of man, these are the men that deuise mischiefe, & giue wicked counsel in this city.
- Which say, It is not neere, let vs build houses: this citie is the caldron, and we be the flesh.
- Therefore prophecie against them, prophecie, O sonne of man.
- And the Spirit of the Lord fell vpon me, and said vnto me, Speake, thus saith the Lord;
Thus haue ye said, O house of Israel: for I know the things that come into your minde, euery one of them.
- Ye haue multiplyed your slaine in this citie, and yee haue filled the streetes thereof with the slaine.
- Therefore thus sayth the Lord God;
Your slaine whom ye haue laid in the middest of it, they are the flesh, and this citie is the cauldron: but I wil bring you foorth out of the middest of it.
- Ye haue feared the sword, and I will bring a sword vpon you, saith the Lord God.
- And I will bring you out of the middest thereof, and deliuer you into the hands of strangers, and will execute iudgements among you.
- Yee shall fall by the sword, I will iudge you in the border of Israel, and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
- This citie shall not be your cauldron, neither shall ye be the flesh in the middest thereof, but I will iudge you in the border of Israel.
- And ye shall know that I am the Lord: for yee haue not walked in my statutes, neither executed my iudgements, but haue done after the maners of the heathen that are round about you.
- And it came to passe, when I prophecied, that Pelatiah the sonne of Benaiah died: then fell I downe vpon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said;
Ah Lord God, wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?
- Againe the word of the Lord came vnto me, saying;
- Sonne of man, thy brethren, euen thy brethren, the men of thy kinred, and all the house of Israel wholly are they, vnto whom the inhabitants of Ierusalem haue sayd;
Get yee farre from the Lord: vnto vs is this land giuen in possession.
- Therefore say, Thus sayth the Lord God;
Although I haue cast them farre off among the heathen, and although I haue scattered them among the countreys, yet will I be to them as a little Sanctuarie in the countreys where they shall come.
- Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God;
I will euen gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countreys where ye haue beene scattered, and I will giue you the land of Israel.
- And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof, and all the abominations thereof from thence.
- And I wil giue them one heart, and I wil put a new spirit within you: and I will take the stonie heart out of their flesh, and will giue them an heart of flesh,
- That they may walke in my statutes, and keepe mine ordinances, and doe them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.
- But as for them whose heart walketh after the heart of their detestable things, and their abominations, I wil recompense their way vpon their owne heads, saith the Lord God.
- Then did the Cherubims lift vp their wings, and the wheeles besides them, and the glory of the God of Israel was ouer them aboue.
- And the glory of the Lord went vp from the middest of the citie, and stood vpon the mountaine, which is on the East side of the citie.
- Afterwards the spirit tooke me vp, and brought me in vision by the spirit of God into Caldea to them of the captiuity: so the vision that I had seene, went vp from me.
- Then I spake vnto them of the captiuity, all the things that the Lord had shewed me.