- And the word of ye Lord came vnto me, saying.
- Sonne of man, What is the Uine tree more then any tree, or then a branch which is among the trees of the forrest?
- Shall wood bee taken thereof to doe any worke?
or, will men take a pin of it, to hang any vessell thereon?
- Behold, it is cast into the fire for fewell: the fire deuoureth both the ends of it, and the middest of it is burnt.
Is it meete for any worke?
- Behold, when it was whole it was meete for no worke: how much lesse shall it be meete yet for any worke, when the fire hath deuoured it, and it is burned?
- Therefore thus saith the Lord God;
As the Uine tree among the trees of the forrest, which I haue giuen to the fire for fewell, so will I giue the inhabitants of Ierusalem.
- And I will set my face against them, they shall goe out from one fire, and another fire shall deuoure them, and ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I set my face against them.
- And I will make the land desolate, because they haue committed a trespasse, saith the Lord God.