- Now the LORD had said vnto Abram, Get thee out of thy countrey, and from thy kinred, and from thy fathers house, vnto a land that I will shew thee.
- And I will make of thee a great nation, and I wil blesse thee, and make thy name great;
and thou shalt bee a blessing.
- And I will blesse them that blesse thee, and curse him, that curseth thee: and in thee shal all families of the earth be blessed.
- So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken vnto him, and Lot went with him: And Abram was seuentie and fiue yeeres old when he departed out of Haran.
- And Abram tooke Sarai his wife, and Lot his brothers sonne, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the soules that they had gotten in Haran, and they went foorth to goe into the land of Canaan: and into the land of Canaan they came.
- And Abram passed through the land, vnto the place of Sichem, vnto the plaine of Moreh.
And the Canaanite was then in the land.
- And the LORD appeared vnto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed wil I giue this land: and there builded hee an altar vnto the LORD, who appeared vnto him.
- And he remoued from thence vnto a mountaine, on the East of Beth-el, and pitched his tent hauing Beth-el on the West, and Hai on the East: and there hee builded an altar vnto the LORD, and called vpon the Name of the LORD.
- And Abram iourneyed, going on still toward the South.
- And there was a famine in the land, and Abram went downe into Egypt, to soiourne there: for the famine was grieuous in the land.
- And it came to passe when he was come neere to enter into Egypt, that he said vnto Sarai his wife, Behold now, I know that thou art a faire woman to looke vpon.
- Therefore it shall come to passe, when the Egyptians shall see thee, that they shall say, This is his wife: and they will kill me, but they will saue thee aliue.
- Say, I pray thee, thou art my sister, that it may be wel with me, for thy sake;
and my soule shall liue, because of thee.
- And it came to passe, that when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians beheld the woman, that shee was very faire.
- The Princes also of Pharaoh saw her, and commended her before Pharaoh: and the woman was taken into Pharaohs house.
- And he entreated Abram well for her sake: and he had sheepe, and oxen, and hee asses, and men seruants, and maid seruants, and shee asses, and camels.
- And the LORD plagued Pharaoh & his house with great plagues, because of Sarai Abrams wife.
- And Pharaoh called Abram, and said, What is this that thou hast done vnto me?
Why diddest thou not tell me, that she was thy wife?
- Why saidest thou, Shee is my sister?
so I might haue taken her to mee to wife: now therfore behold, thy wife, take her and goe thy way.
- And Pharaoh comanded his men concerning him: and they sent him away, and his wife, and all that he had.