- Then againe Abraham tooke a wife, & her name was Keturah.
- And shee bare him Zimran, and Iokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah.
- And Iokshan begat Sheba, and Dedan.
And the sonnes of Dedan were Asshurim, and Letushim, and Leummim.
- And the sonnes of Midian, Ephah, and Epher, and Hanoch, and Abida, and Eldaah: all these were the children of Keturah.
- And Abraham gaue all that he had, vnto Isaac.
- But vnto the sonnes of the concubines which Abraham had, Abraham gaue gifts, and sent them away from Isaac his sonne (while he yet liued) Eastward, vnto the East country.
- And these are the dayes of the yeres of Abrahams life which he liued;
an hundred, threescore & fifteene yeeres.
- Then Abraham gaue vp the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of yeeres, and was gathered to his people.
- And his sonnes Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the caue of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the sonne of Zohar the Hittite, which is before Mamre;
- The field which Abraham purchased of the sonnes of Heth: there was Abraham buried, and Sarah his wife.
- And it came to passe after the death of Abraham, that God blessed his sonne Isaac, and Isaac dwelt by the well Lahai-roi.
- Now these are the generations of Ishmael Abrahams sonne, whom Hagar the Egyptian Sarahs handmayd, bare vnto Abraham:
- And these are the names of the sonnes of Ishmael, by their names, according to their generations;
The first borne of Ishmael, Nebaioth, and Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,
- And Mishma, and Dumah, and Massa,
- Hadar, and Tema, Ietur, Naphish, and Kedemah.
- These are the sonnes of Ishmael, and these are their names, by their townes and by their castels;
twelue princes according to their nations.
- And these are the yeeres of the life of Ishmael;
an hundred and thirty and seuen yeeres: and he gaue vp the ghost and died, and was gathered vnto his people.
- And they dwelt from Hauilah vnto Shur, that is before Egypt, as thou goest towards Assyria: and hee died in the presence of all his brethren.
- And these are the generations of Isaac, Abrahams sonne: Abraham begate Isaac.
- And Isaac was fortie yeeres old when hee tooke Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Syrian of Padan Aram, the sister to Laban the Syrian.
- And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceiued.
- And the children struggled together within her;
and she said, If it be so, why am I thus?
and shee went to enquire of the LORD.
- And the LORD said vnto her, Two nations are in thy wombe, and two maner of people shall be separated from thy bowels: and the one people shalbe stronger then the other people: and the elder shall serue the yonger.
- And when her dayes to be deliuered were fulfilled, behold, there were twinnes in her wombe.
- And the first came out red, all ouer like an hairy garment: and they called his name, Esau.
- And after that came his brother out, and his hand tooke holde on Esaus heele;
and his name was called Iacob: and Isaac was threescore yeres old, when shee bare them.
- And the boyes grew;
and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the fielde: and Iacob was a plaine man, dwelling in tents.
- And Isaac loued Esau, because he did eate of his venison: but Rebekah loued Iacob.
- And Iacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and hee was faint.
- And Esau said to Iacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage: for I am faint;
therefore was his name called Edom.
- And Iacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.
- And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright doe to me?
- And Iacob said, Sweare to mee this day: and he sware to him: and he sold his birthright vnto Iacob.
- Then Iacob gaue Esau bread and pottage of lentiles;
and he did eate and drinke, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.