- And it came to passe, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were borne vnto them:
- That the sonnes of God saw the daughters of men, that they were faire, and they took them wiues, of all which they chose.
- And the LORD said, My Spirit shall not alwayes striue with man;
for that hee also is flesh: yet his dayes shalbe an hundred and twenty yeeres.
- There were Giants in the earth in those daies: and also after that, when the sonnes of God came in vnto the daughters of men, & they bare children to them;
the same became mightie men, which were of old, men of renowme.
- And God saw, that the wickednes of man was great in the earth, and that euery imagination of the thoughts of his heart was onely euill continually.
- And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieued him at his heart.
- And the LORD said, I will destroy man, whom I haue created, from the face of the earth: both man and beast, and the creeping thing, and the foules of the aire: for it repenteth me that I haue made them.
- But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
- These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a iust man, and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
- And Noah begate three sonnes: Sem, Ham, and Iapheth.
- The earth also was corrupt before God;
and the earth was filled with violence.
- And God looked vpon the earth, and behold, it was corrupt: for all flesh had corrupted his way vpon the earth.
- And God said vnto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before mee;
for the earth is filled with violence through them;
and behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
- Make thee an Arke of Gopher-wood: roomes shalt thou make in the arke, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.
- And this is the fashion, which thou shalt make it of: the length of the arke shalbe three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirtie cubits.
- A window shalt thou make to the arke, and in a cubite shalt thou finish it aboue;
and the doore of the arke shalt thou set in the side thereof: With lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.
- And behold, I, euen I doe bring a flood of waters vpon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life from vnder heauen, and euery thing that is in the earth shall die.
- But with thee wil I establish my Couenant: and thou shalt come into the Arke, thou, and thy sonnes, and thy wife, and thy sonnes wiues with thee.
- And of euery liuing thing of all flesh, two of euery sort shalt thou bring into the Arke, to keepe them aliue with thee: they shall be male and female.
- Of fowles after their kinde, and of cattel after their kinde: of euery creeping thing of the earth after his kinde, two of euery sort shall come vnto thee, to keepe them aliue.
- And take thou vnto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee;
and it shall be for food, for thee, and for them.
- Thus did Noah;
according to all that God commanded him, so did he.