- I will stand vpon my watch, & set mee vpon the towre, and will watch to see what he will say vnto me, and what I shall answere when I am reproued.
- And the Lord answered me and said, write the vision, and make it plaine vpon tables, that he may runne that readeth it.
- For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tary, wait for it, because it will surely come, it wil not tary.
- Behold, his soule which is lifted vp, is not vpright in him;
but the iust shall liue by his faith.
- Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, he is a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and is as death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth vnto him all nations, & heapeth vnto him all people:
- Shal not all these take vp a parable against him, and a tanting prouerbe against him, and say;
Woe to him that increaseth that which is not his: how long?
And to him that ladeth himselfe with thicke clay.
- Shall they not rise vp suddenly that shall bite thee?
And awake, that shall vexe thee?
And thou shalt be for booties vnto them?
- Because thou hast spoiled many nations, all the remnant of the people shal spoile thee: because of mens blood, and for the violence of the land, of the citie, and of all that dwell therein.
- Woe to him that coueteth an euill couetousnesse to his house, that he may set his nest on high, that hee may be deliuered from the power of euill.
- Thou hast consulted shame to thy house, by cutting off many people, and hast sinned against thy soule.
- For the stone shall crie out of the wall, and the beame out of the timber shall answere it.
- Woe to him that buildeth a towne with blood, and stablisheth a citie by iniquitie.
- Behold, is it not of the Lord of hostes, that the people shall labour in the very fire, and the people shal wearie themselues for very vanitie?
- For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters couer the Sea.
- Woe vnto him that giueth his neighbour drinke: that puttest thy bottell to him, and makest him drunken also;
that thou mayest looke on their nakednesse.
- Thou art filled with shame for glory: drinke thou also, and let thy foreskin bee vncouered: the cup of the Lords right hand shall be turned vnto thee, and shamefull spewing shalbe on thy glory.
- For the violence of Lebanon shall couer thee: and the spoile of beasts, which made them afraide, because of mens blood, and for the violence of the land, of the city, & of al that dwel therin.
- What profiteth the grauen image, that the maker thereof hath grauen it;
the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his worke, trusteth therin, to make dumbe idoles.
- Woe vnto him that saith to the wood, Awake: to the dumbe stone, Arise, it shall teach: behold, it is layed ouer with gold and siluer, and there is no breath at all in the middest of it.
- But the Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keepe silence before him.