- When Israel was a childe, then I loued him, and called my sonne out of Egypt.
- As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed vnto Baalim, and burnt incense to grauen images.
- I taught Ephraim also to goe, taking them by their armes: but they knew not that I healed them.
- I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of loue, and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their iawes, and I laid meat vnto them.
- He shall not returne into the land of Egypt;
but the Assyrian shall be his king, because they refused to returne
- And the sword shall abide on his cities, and shall consume his branches, and deuoure them, because of their own counsels.
- And my people are bent to backesliding from mee: though they called them to the most High, none at all would exalt him.
- How shall I giue thee vp, Ephraim?
how shall I deliuer thee, Israel?
how shall I make thee as Admah?
how shall I set thee as Zeboim?
mine heart is turned within mee, my repentings are kindled together.
- I will not execute the fiercenes of mine anger, I will not returne to destroy Ephraim, for I am God, and not man, the Holy One in the midst of thee, and I will not enter into the citie.
- They shal walke after the Lord: he shall roare like a lyon: when he shall roare, then the children shall tremble from the West.
- They shall tremble as a bird out of Egypt, and as a doue out of the land of Assyria: and I will place them in their houses, saith the Lord.
- Ephraim compasseth mee about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit: but Iudah yet ruleth with God, and is faithfull with the Saints.