- Come, and let vs returne vnto the Lord: for hee hath torne, and hee will heale vs: he hath smitten, and he will binde vs vp.
- After two daies will he reuiue vs, in the third day he will raise vs vp, and we shall liue in his sight.
- Then shal we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared, as the morning;
& he shall come vnto vs, as the raine;
as the latter and former raine vnto the earth.
- O Ephraim, what shall I doe vnto thee?
O Iudah, what shall I do vnto thee?
For your goodnesse is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.
- Therefore haue I shewed them by the Prophets: I haue slaine them by the wordes of my mouth, and thy iudgements are as the light that goeth foorth.
- For I desired mercie, and not sacrifice;
and the knowledge of God more then burnt offerings.
- But they like men haue transgressed the Couenant: there haue they dealt treacherously against me.
- Gilead is a city of them that worke iniquitie;
and is polluted with blood.
- And as troupes of robbers waite for a man, so the company of priestes murther in the way by consent: for they commit lewdnesse.
- I haue seene an horrible thing in the house of Israel: there is the whoredome of Ephraim, Israel is defiled.
- Also O Iudah, hee hath set an haruest for thee, when I returned the captiuitie of my people.