- The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the sonne of Amoz did see.
- Lift yee vp a banner vpon the high mountaine, exalt the voice vnto them, shake the hand, that they may goe into the gates of the nobles.
- I haue commanded my sanctified ones: I haue also called my mightie ones for mine anger, euen them that reioyce in my highnesse.
- The noise of a multitude in the mountaines, like as of a great people: a tumultuous noise of the kingdomes of nations gathered together: the Lord of hostes mustereth the hoste of the battell.
- They come from a farre countrey from the end of heauen, euen the Lord and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.
- Howle yee;
for the day of the Lord is at hand;
it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
- Therefore shall all hands bee faint, and euery mans heart shall melt.
- And they shalbe afraid: pangs and sorrowes shall take hold of them, they shalbe in paine as a woman that trauelleth: they shalbe amazed one at another, their faces shalbe as flames.
- Behold, the day of the Lord commeth, cruell both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate;
and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
- For the starres of heauen, and the constellations thereof shall not giue their light: the sunne shalbe darkened in his going forth, and the moone shall not cause her light to shine.
- And I will punish the world for their euill, and the wicked for their iniquitie;
and I will cause the arrogancie of the proud to cease, and will lay low the hautinesse of the terrible.
- I will make a man more pretious then fine gold;
euen a man then the golden wedge of Ophir.
- Therefore I will shake the heauens, and the earth shall remoue out of her place in the wrath of the Lord of hostes, and in the day of his fierce anger.
- And it shalbe as the chased Roe, and as a sheepe that no man taketh vp: they shall euery man turne to his owne people, and flee euery one into his owne land.
- Euery one that is found shall be thrust through: and euery one that is ioyned vnto them, shall fall by the sword.
- Their children also shalbe dashed to pieces before their eyes, their houses shalbe spoiled, & their wiues rauished.
- Beholde, I will stirre vp the Medes against them, which shall not regard siluer, and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.
- Their bowes also shall dash the yong men to pieces, and they shall haue no pitie on the fruit of the wombe;
their eye shall not spare children.
- And Babylon the glory of kingdomes, the beautie of the Chaldees excellencie, shall be as when God ouerthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
- It shall neuer be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there, neither shal the shepheards make their fold there.
- But wilde beastes of the desert shall lye there, and their houses shalbe full of dolefull creatures, and owles shall dwell there, and Satyres shall daunce there.
- And the wilde beastes of the Ilands shal cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is neere to come, and her dayes shall not be prolonged.