- The burden of Moab: because in the night Ar of Moab is laide waste and brought to silence;
because in the night Kir of Moab is laide waste, and brought to silence:
- Hee is gone vp to Baijth, and to Dibon, the high places, to weepe: Moab shall howle ouer Nebo, and ouer Medeba, on all their heads shalbe baldnesse, and euery beard cut off.
- In their streetes they shall girde themselues with sackecloth: on the toppes of their houses, and in their streetes euery one shall howle, weeping abundantly.
- And Heshbon shall cry, and Elealeh: their voice shalbe heard euen vnto Iahaz: therefore the armed souldiers of Moab shall crie out, his life shall be grieuous vnto him.
- My heart shall cry out for Moab;
his fugitiues shall flee vnto Zoar, an heifer of three yeeres olde: for by the mounting vp of Luhith with weeping shall they goe it vp: for in the way of Horonaim, they shall raise vp a crie of destruction.
- For the waters of Nimrim shall be desolate: for the hay is withered away, the grasse faileth, there is no greene thing.
- Therefore the abundance they haue gotten, and that which they haue laide vp, shall they cary away to the brooke of the willowes.
- For the cry is gone round about the borders of Moab: the howling thereof vnto Eglaim, and the howling thereof vnto Beer-Elim.
- For the waters of Dimon shalbe full of blood: for I will bring more vpon Dimon, lyons vpon him that escapeth of Moab, and vpon the remnant of the land.