- Woe to the land shadowing with wings, which is beyond the riuers of Ethiopia:
- That sendeth ambassadours by the sea, euen in vessels of bulrushes vpon the waters, saying;
Goe yee swift messengers to a nation scattered and peeled, to a people terrible from their beginning hitherto, a nation meted out and troden downe;
whose land the riuers haue spoiled.
- All yee inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see yee, when hee lifteth vp an ensigne on the mountaines;
and when he bloweth a trumpet, heare yee.
- For so the Lord sayd vnto me: I will take my rest, and I will consider in my dwelling place like a cleare heate vpon herbes, and like a cloud of dew in the heate of haruest.
- For afore the haruest when the bud is perfect, and the sowre grape is ripening in the flowre;
hee shall both cut off the sprigges with pruning hookes, and take away and cut downe the branches.
- They shalbe left together vnto the foules of the mountaines, and to the beasts of the earth: and the foules shall summer vpon them, and all the beastes of the earth shall winter vpon them.
- In that time shall the present be brought vnto the Lord of hostes, of a people scattered and peeled, and from a people terrible from their beginning hitherto;
a nation meted out and troden vnder foote, whose land the riuers haue spoiled, to the place of the name of the Lord of hostes, the mount Zion.