- The burden of the desert of the sea.
As whirlewinds in the South passe thorough;
so it commeth from the desert, from a terrible land.
- A grieuous vision is declared vnto me;
The treacherous dealer dealeth treacherously, and the spoiler spoileth: Goe, vp O Elam: besiege, O Media: all the sighing thereof haue I made to cease.
- Therefore are my loynes filled with paine, pangs haue taken hold vpon me, as the pangs of a woman that trauelleth: I was bowed downe at the hearing of it, I was dismayed at the seeing of it.
- My heart panted, fearefulnesse affrighted me: the night of my pleasure hath he turned into feare vnto me.
- Prepare the table, watch in the watch-tower, eate, drinke: arise yee princes, and anoint the shield.
- For thus hath the Lord sayd vnto me;
Goe, set a watchman, let him declare what he seeth.
- And he saw a charet with a couple of horsemen, a charet of asses, and a charet of camels;
and hee hearkened diligently with much heede.
- And he cryed;
A lyon: my Lord, I stand continually vpon the watch-tower in the day time, and I am set in my ward whole nights.
- And behold, heere commeth a charet of men with a couple of horsemen: and he answered and sayd;
Babylon is fallen, is fallen, and all the grauen images of her Gods he hath broken vnto the ground.
- O my threshing and the corne of my floore: that which I haue heard of the Lord of hostes the God of Israel, haue I declared vnto you.
- The burden of Dumah.
Hee calleth to me out of Seir: Watchman, what of the night?
Watchman, what of the night?
- The watchman sayd;
The morning commeth, and also the night: if yee will enquire, enquire yee: returne, come.
- The burden vpon Arabia.
In the forest in Arabia shall yee lodge, O yee trauelling companies of Dedanim.
- The inhabitants of the land of Tema brought water to him that was thirsty, they preuented with their bread him that fled.
- For they fled from the swords, from the drawen sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grieuousnesse of warre.
- For thus hath the Lord sayd vnto me: Within a yeere, according to the yeeres of an hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall faile.
- And the residue of the number of archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar shalbe diminished: for the Lord God of Israel hath spoken it.