- Woe to Ariel, to Ariel the citie where Dauid dwelt: adde yee yeere to yeere;
let them kill sacrifices.
- Yet I will distresse Ariel, and there shalbe heauinesse and sorrow;
and it shall be vnto mee as Ariel.
- And I will campe against thee round about, and will lay siege against thee with a mount, and I will raise forts against thee.
- And thou shalt bee brought downe, and shalt speake out of the ground, and thy speach shall be low out of the dust, and thy voyce shalbe as of one that hath a familiar spirit, out of the ground, and thy speach shall whisper out of the dust.
- Moreouer the multitude of thy strangers shalbe like small dust, and the multitude of the terrible ones shalbe as chaffe, that passeth away;
yea it shalbe at an instant suddenly.
- Thou shalt bee visited of the Lord of hostes with thunder, and with earthquake, and great noise, with storme and tempest, and the flame of deuouring fire.
- And the multitude of all the nations that fight against Ariel, euen all that fight against her and her munition, and that distresse her, shalbe as a dreame of a night vision.
- It shall euen be as when a hungry man dreameth, and behold he eateth;
but he awaketh, and his soule is emptie: or as when a thirstie man dreameth, and behold he drinketh;
but hee awaketh, and behold he is faint, and his soule hath appetite: so shall the multitude of all the nations bee, that fight against mount Zion.
- Stay your selues and wonder, cry yee out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine, they stagger, but not with strong drinke.
- For the Lord hath powred out vpon you the spirit of deepe sleepe, and hath closed your eyes: the Prophets and your rulers, the Seers hath hee couered.
- And the vsion of all is become vnto you, as the wordes of a booke that is sealed, which men deliuer to one that is learned, saying, Reade this, I pray thee: and hee saith, I cannot, for it is sealed.
- And the booke is deliuered to him that is not learned, saying, Reade this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
- Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw neere mee with their mouth, and with their lips doe honour me, but haue remoued their heart farre from me, and their feare towards mee is taught by the precept of men:
- Therefore behold, I will proceed to do a marueilous worke amongst this people, euen a marueilous worke and a wonder: for the wisedome of their wise men shall perish, and the vnderstanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
- Woe vnto them that seeke deepe to hide their counsell from the Lord, and their workes are in the darke, and they say, Who seeth vs?
and who knoweth vs?
- Surely your turning of things vpside downe shall be esteemed as the potters clay: for shall the worke say of him that made it, He made me not?
or shall the thing framed, say of him that framed it, He had no vnderstanding?
- Is it not yet a very litle while, and Lebanon shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitfull field shall be esteemed as a forrest?
- And in that day shall the deafe heare the words of the booke, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscuritie, and out of darkenesse.
- The meeke also shall increase their ioy in the Lord, and the poore among men shall reioice in the holy One of Israel.
- For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquitie are cut off:
- That make a man an offendour for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproueth in the gate, and turne aside the iust for a thing of nought.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Iacob: Iacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall his face now waxe pale.
- But when hee seeth his children the worke of mine hands in the midst of him, they shall sanctifie my Name, and sanctifie the Holy One of Iacob, and shall feare the God of Israel.
- They also that erred in spirit shall come to vnderstanding, and they that murmured, shall learne doctrine.