- Woe to them that go down to Egypt for helpe, and stay on horses, and trust in charets, because they are many;
and in horsemen, because they are very strong: but they looke not vnto the Holy one of Israel, neither seeke the Lord.
- Yet he also is wise, and will bring euill, and wil not call backe his words: but will arise against the house of the euill doers, and against the helpe of them that worke iniquitie.
- Now the Egyptians are men and not God, and their horses flesh and not spirit: when the Lord shall stretch out his hand, both he that helpeth shall fall, and hee that is holpen shall fall downe, and they all shall faile together.
- For thus hath the Lord spoken vnto me;
Like as the lyon and the yong lyon roaring on his pray, when a multitude of shepheards is called foorth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himselfe for the noyse of them: so shall the Lord of hostes come downe to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof.
- As birds flying, so wil the Lord of hostes defend Ierusalem, defending also hee will deliuer it, and passing ouer, he will preserue it.
- Turne yee vnto him from whom the children of Israel haue deeply reuolted.
- For in that day euery man shall cast away his idoles of siluer, and his idoles of gold, which your owne hands haue made vnto you for a sinne.
- Then shall the Assyrian fall with the sword, not of a mightie man;
and the sword, not of a meane man, shal deuoure him: but hee shall flee from the sword, and his young men shall be discomfited.
- And hee shall passe ouer to his strong holde for feare, and his princes shall be afraid of the ensigne, sayth the Lord, whose fire is in Zion, and his fornace in Ierusalem.