- In those daies was Hezekiah sicke vnto death: and Isaiah the Prophet the sonne of Amoz came vnto him, and said vnto him;
Thus saith the Lord, Set thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not liue.
- Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed vnto the Lord,
- And said, Remember now, O Lord, I beseech thee, how I haue walked before thee in trueth, and with a perfect heart, and haue done that which is good in thy sight: and Hezekiah wept sore.
- Then came the word of the Lord to Isaiah, saying,
- Goe and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the Lord, the God of Dauid thy father;
I haue heard thy prayer, I haue seene thy teares: behold, I will adde vnto thy dayes fifteene yeeres.
- And I will deliuer thee and this citie, out of the hand of the king of Assyria: and I will defend this citie.
- And this shall be a signe vnto thee from the Lord, that the Lord will doe this thing that he hath spoken.
- Behold, I will bring againe the shadow of the degrees which is gone downe in the Sunne-diall of Ahaz ten degrees backward: so the Sunne returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone downe.
- The writing of Hezekiah king of Iudah, when he had bene sicke, and was recouered of his sicknesse:
- I saide in the cutting off of my dayes;
I shall goe to the gates of the graue: I am depriued of the residue of my yeeres.
- I said, I shal not see the Lord, euen the Lord in the land of the liuing: I shal behold man no more with the inhabitants of the world.
- Mine age is departed, and is remoued from me as a shepheards tent: I haue cut off like a weauer my life: he will cut mee off with pining sicknesse: from day euen to night wilt thou make an end of me.
- I reckoned till morning, that as a Lyon so will hee breake all my bones: from day euen to night wilt thou make an end of me.
- Like a crane or a swallow, so did I chatter;
I did mourne as a doue: mine eyes faile with looking vpward: O Lord, I am oppressed, vndertake for me.
- What shall I say?
hee hath both spoken vnto mee, and himselfe hath done it: I shall goe softly, all my yeeres in the bitternesse of my soule.
- O Lord, by these things men liue: and in all these things is the life of my spirit, so wilt thou recouer me, and make me to liue.
- Behold, for peace I had great bitternesse, but thou hast in loue to my soule deliuered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sinnes behinde thy backe.
- For the graue cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that goe downe into the pit cannot hope for thy trueth.
- The liuing, the liuing, hee shall praise thee, as I doe this day: the father to the children shall make knowen thy trueth.
- The Lord was ready to saue me: therefore we will sing my songs to the stringed instruments, all the dayes of our life, in the house of the Lord.
- For Isaiah had said, Let them take a lumpe of figges, and lay it for a plaister vpon the boile, and he shall recouer.
- Hezekiah also had said, what is the signe, that I shall goe vp to the house of the Lord ?