- At that time Merodach Baladan the sonne of Baladan king of Babylon, sent letters and a present to Hezekiah: for hee had heard that he had bene sicke, and was recouered.
- And Hezekiah was glad of them, and shewed them the house of his precious things, the siluer, and the golde, and the spices, and the precious oyntment, and all the house of his armour, and all that was found in his treasures: there was nothing in his house, nor in all his dominion, that Hezekiah shewed them not.
- Then came Isaiah the Prophet vnto King Hezekiah, and sayde vnto him, What sayd these men?
and from whence came they vnto thee?
And Hezekiah said, They are come from a farre countrey vnto me, euen from Babylon.
- Then said hee, What haue they seene in thine house?
And Hezekiah answered, All that is in mine house haue they seene: there is nothing among my treasures, that I haue not shewed them.
- Then sayde Isaiah to Hezekiah, Heare the word of the Lord of hostes.
- Behold, the dayes come, that all that is in thine house, and that which thy fathers haue laide vp in store, vntill this day, shalbe caried to Babylon: nothing shalbe left, saith the Lord.
- And of thy sonnes that shall issue from thee, which thou shalt beget, shall they take away;
and they shall bee Eunuches in the palace of the king of Babylon.
- Then sayde Hezekiah to Isaiah, Good is the word of the Lord which thou hast spoken: hee sayd moreouer, For there shalbe peace and trueth in my dayes.