- Yet now heare, O Iacob my seruant, and Israel whom I haue chosen.
- Thus sayeth the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the wombe, which wil helpe thee: Feare not, O Iacob, my seruant, and thou Iesurun, whom I haue chosen.
- For I will powre water vpon him that is thirstie, and floods vpon the dry ground: I will powre my spirit vpon thy seede, and my blessing vpon thine offspring:
- And they shall spring vp as among the grasse, as willowes by the water courses.
- One shall say, I am the Lords: and another shall call himselfe by the name of Iacob: and another shall subscribe with his hand vnto the Lord, and surname himselfe by the name of Israel.
- Thus saith the Lord the king of Israel and his redeemer the Lord of hostes, I am the first, and I am the last, and besides me there is no God.
- And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people?
and the things that are comming, and shall come?
let them shew vnto them.
- Feare yee not, neither be afraid: haue not I told thee from that time, and haue declared it?
yee are euen my witnesses.
Is there a God besides me?
yea there is no God, I know not any.
- They that make a grauen image are all of them vanitie, and their delectable things shall not profit, and they are their owne witnesses, they see not, nor know;
that they may be ashamed.
- Who hath formed a God, or moulten a grauen image that is profitable for nothing?
- Behold, all his fellowes shall be ashamed: and the workemen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand vp;
yet they shal feare, and they shalbe ashamed together.
- The smith with the tonges both worketh in the coales, and fashioneth it with hammers, and worketh it with the strength of his armes: yea he is hungrie, and his strength faileth;
hee drinketh no water, and is faint.
- The carpenter stretcheth out his rule: he maketh it out with the line: he fitteth it with planes, and he marketh it out with the compasse, and maketh it after the figure of a man, according to the beautie of a man;
that it may remaine in the house.
- He heweth him downe cedars, and taketh the Cypresse and the Oke, which he strengthneth for himselfe among the trees of the forrest: he planteth an Ashe, and the raine doth nourish it.
- Then shall it bee for a man to burne: for hee will take thereof and warme himselfe;
yea he kindleth it and baketh bread;
yea he maketh a God, and worshippeth it: he maketh it a grauen image, and falleth downe thereto.
- He burneth part thereof in the fire: with part thereof he eateth flesh: he rosteth rost, and is satisfied: yea hee warmeth himselfe, and saith;
Aha, I am warme, I haue seene the fire.
- And the residue thereof he maketh a God, euen his grauen image: hee falleth downe vnto it, and worshippeth it, and prayeth vnto it, and saith;
deliuer me, for thou art my God.
- They haue not knowen, nor vnderstood: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see;
and their hearts, that they cannot vnderstand.
- And none considereth in his heart, neither is there knowledge nor vnderstanding to say;
I haue burnt part of it in the fire, yea also I haue baked bread vpon the coales thereof: I haue rosted flesh and eaten it;
and shall I make the residue thereof an abomination?
shall I fall downe to the stocke of a tree?
- He feedeth of ashes: a deceiued heart hath turned him aside, that he cannot deliuer his soule, nor say;
Is there not a lie in my right hand?
- Remember these (O Iacob and Israel) for thou art my seruant: I haue formed thee: thou art my seruant, O Israel;
thou shalt not be forgotten of me.
- I haue blotted out, as a thicke cloude, thy transgressions, and as a a cloud, thy sinnes: returne vnto me, for I haue redeemed thee.
- Sing, O yee heauens;
for the Lord hath done it: shout yee lower parts of the earth: breake forth into singing yee mountaines, O forrest and euery tree therein: for the Lord hath redeemed Iacob, and glorified himselfe in Israel.
- Thus saith the Lord thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the wombe;
I am the Lord that maketh all things, that stretcheth forth the heauens alone, that spreadeth abroad the earth by my selfe:
- That frustrateth the tokens of the lyers, and maketh diuiners mad, that turneth wisemen backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish:
- That confirmeth the word of his seruant, and performeth the counsell of his messengers, that saith to Ierusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited;
and to the cities of Iudah, Yee shall be built, and I will raise vp the decayed places thereof.
- That saith to the deepe;
Be dry, and I will drie vp thy riuers.
- That saith of Cyrus, Hee is my shepheard, and shall performe all my pleasure, euen saying to Ierusalem, Thou shalt be built, and to the Temple, Thy foundation shalbe laid.