- Awake, awake, put on thy strength, O Zion, put on thy beautifull garments, O Ierusalem the holy citie: for hencefoorth there shall no more come into thee the vncircumcised, and the vncleane.
- Shake thy selfe from the dust: arise, and sit downe, O Ierusalem: loose thy selfe from the bandes of thy necke, O captiue daughter of Zion.
- For thus sayth the Lord, Yee haue solde your selues for nought: and ye shall be redeemed without money.
- For thus saith the Lord God, My people went downe aforetime into Egypt to soiourne there, and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause.
- Now therefore, what haue I here, sayth the Lord, that my people is taken away for nought?
they that rule ouer them, make them to howle, sayth the Lord, and my Name continually euery day is blasphemed.
- Therefore my people shall know my Name: therefore they shall know in that day, that I am he that doth speake.
Behold, it is I.
- How beautifull vpon the mountaines are the feete of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace, that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth saluation, that sayth vnto Zion, Thy God reigneth?
- Thy watchmen shall lift vp the voice, with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye when the Lord shall bring againe Zion.
- Breake foorth into ioy, sing together, yee waste places of Ierusalem: for the Lord hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Ierusalem.
- The Lord hath made bare his holy arme in the eyes of all the nations, and all the endes of the earth shall see the saluation of our God.
- Depart ye, depart ye, goe ye out from thence, touch no vncleane thing;
goe ye out of the middest of her;
be yee cleane, that beare the vessels of the Lord.
- For ye shall not go out with haste, nor goe by flight: for the Lord will goe before you: and the God of Israel will be your rereward.
- Behold, my seruant shal deale prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.
- As many were astonied at thee (his visage was so marred more then any man, and his forme more then the sonnes of men:)
- So shall hee sprinckle many nations, the kings shall shut their mouthes at him: for that which had not beene told them, shall they see, and that which they had not heard, shall they consider.