- The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart;
and mercifull men are taken away none considering that the righteous is taken away from the euill to come.
- Hee shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his vprightnesse.
- But draw neere hither, yee sonnes of the sorceresse, the seed of the adulterer, and the whore.
- Against whom doe ye sport your selues?
against whom make ye a wide mouth, and draw out the tongue?
are ye not children of transgression, a seede of falsehood?
- Inflaming your selues with idoles vnder euery greene tree, slaying the children in the valleys vnder the cliftes of the rockes?
- Among the smooth stones of the streame is thy portion;
they, they are thy lot: euen to them hast thou powred a drinke offering, thou hast offered a meate offering.
Should I receiue comfort in these?
- Upon a loftie and high mountaine hast thou set thy bed: euen thither wentest thou vp to offer sacrifice.
- Behinde the doores also and the posts hast thou set vp thy remembrance: for thou hast discouered thy selfe to an other then mee, and art gone vp: thou hast enlarged thy bed, and made a couenant with them: thou louedst their bed where thou sawest it.
- And thou wentest to the king with oyntment, and didst increase thy perfumes, and didst send thy messengers farre off, and didst debase thy selfe euen vnto hell.
- Thou art wearied in the greatnesse of thy way;
yet saydst thou not, There is no hope: thou hast found the life of thine hand;
therefore thou wast not grieued.
- And of whom hast thou bene afraid or feared, that thou hast lyed, and hast not remembred me, nor layed it to thy heart?
haue not I held my peace euen of old, and thou fearest me not?
- I will declare thy righteousnes;
and thy workes, for they shall not profit thee.
- When thou criest, let thy companies deliuer thee: but the winde shall cary them all away;
Uanitie shall take them: but hee that putteth his trust in me, shall possesse the land, and shall inherit my holy mountaine.
- And shall say, Cast yee vp, cast yee vp;
prepare the way, take vp the stumbling blocke out of the way of my people.
- For thus saith the High and loftie One that inhabiteth eternitie, whose Name is Holy;
I dwell in the high and holy place: with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to reuiue the spirit of the humble, and to reuiue the heart of the contrite ones.
- For I will not contend for euer, neither will I be alwayes wroth: for the spirit should faile before me, and the soules which I haue made.
- For the iniquitie of his couetousnesse was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me, and was wroth, and hee went on frowardly in the way of his heart.
- I haue seene his wayes, and will heale him: I will leade him also, and restore comforts vnto him, and to his mourners.
- I create the fruite of the lippes;
peace, peace to him that is farre off, and to him that is neere, sayth the Lord, and I will heale him.
- But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast vp myre and dirt.
- There is no peace, sayth my God, to the wicked.