- Who is this that commeth from Edom, with died garments from Bozrah?
this that is glorious in his apparel, trauelling in the greatnesse of his strength?
I that speake in righteousnesse, mightie to saue.
- Wherefore art thou red in thine apparell, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?
- I haue troden the winepresse alone, and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my furie, and their blood shall be sprinkled vpon my garments, and I will staine all my raiment.
- For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the yeere of my redeemed is come.
- And I looked, and there was none to helpe;
and I wondered that there was none to vphold: therefore mine owne arme brought saluation vnto me, and my furie, it vpheld me.
- And I will tread downe the people in mine anger, & make them drunke in my furie, and I will bring downe their strength to the earth.
- I will mention the louing kindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on vs;
and the great goodnes towards the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them, according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his louing kindnesses.
- For hee said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so hee was their sauiour.
- In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the Angel of his presence saued them: in his loue and in his pitie hee redeemed them, and he bare them, and caried them all the dayes of olde.
- But they rebelled, and vexed his holy spirit: therefore hee was turned to be their enemie, and he fought against them.
- Then he remembred the dayes of old, Moses and his people, saying;
Where is hee that brought them vp out of the Sea, with the shepheard of his flocke?
where is hee that put his holy Spirit within him?
- That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arme, diuiding the water before them, to make himselfe an euerlasting name?
- That led them through the deepe as an horse in the wildernesse, that they should not stumble?
- As a beast goeth downe into the valley, the Spirit of the Lord caused him to rest: so diddest thou leade thy people, to make thy selfe a glorious Name.
- Looke downe from heauen, and behold from the habitation of thy holinesse, and of thy glory: where is thy zeale and thy strength, the sounding of thy bowels, and of thy mercies towards me?
are they restrained?
- Doubtlesse thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of vs, and Israel acknowledge vs not: thou, O Lord art our Father, our Redeemer, thy Name is from euerlasting.
- O Lord, why hast thou made vs to erre from thy wayes?
and hardened our heart from thy feare?
Returne for thy seruants sake, the tribes of thine inheritance.
- The people of thy holinesse haue possessed it but a little while: our aduersaries haue troden downe thy Sanctuarie.
- Wee are thine, thou neuer barest rule ouer them, they were not called by thy Name.