- I am sought of them that asked not for me: I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, vnto a nation that was not called by my name.
- I haue spread out my hands all the day vnto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their owne thoughts:
- A people that prouoketh mee to anger continually to my face, that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense vpon altars of bricke:
- Which remaine among the graues, and lodge in the monuments, which eate swines flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels:
- Which say;
Stand by thy selfe, come not neere to me;
for I am holier then thou: these are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.
- Behold, it is written before me: I will not keepe silence, but will recompence, euen recompence into their bosome,
- Your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, (saith the Lord) which haue burnt incense vpon the mountaines, & blasphemed mee vpon the hils: therfore will I measure their former worke into their bosome.
- Thus saith the Lord, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not, for a blessing is in it: so wil I doe for my seruants sakes, that I may not destroy them all.
- And I will bring forth a seede out of Iacob, and out of Iudah an inheritour of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my seruants shall dwell there.
- And Sharon shall be a fold of flockes, and the valley of Achor a place for the herds to lie downe in, for my people that haue sought me.
- But yee are they that for sake the Lord, that forget my holy mountaine, that prepare a table for that troope, and that furnish the drinke offring vnto that number.
- Therefore will I number you to the sword, and yee shall all bow downe to the slaughter: because when I called, yee did not answere;
when I spake, yee did not heare, but did euill before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not:
- Therefore thus saith the Lord God;
Behold, my seruants shall eate, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my seruants shall drinke, but yee shall be thirstie: behold, my seruants shall reioyce, but yee shall be ashamed.
- Behold, my seruants shall sing for ioy of heart, but yee shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall howle for vexation of spirit.
- And yee shall leaue your name for a curse vnto my chosen: for the Lord God shall slay thee, and call his seruants by another name:
- That he who blesseth himselfe in the earth, shall blesse himselfe in the God of trueth;
and he that sweareth in the earth, shall sweare by the God of trueth;
because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.
- For behold, I create new heauens, and a new earth: & the former shal not be remembred, nor come into mind.
- But bee you glad and reioyce for euer in that which I create: for beholde, I create Ierusalem a reioycing, and her people a ioy.
- And I wil reioyce in Ierusalem, and ioy in my people, and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
- There shalbe no more thence an infant of dayes, nor an olde man, that hath not filled his dayes: for the childe shall die an hundreth yeeres olde: but the sinner being an hundreth yeres old, shalbe accursed.
- And they shall builde houses, and inhabite them, and they shall plant vineyards, and eate the fruit of them.
- They shal not build, and another inhabit: they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the daies of a tree, are the dayes of my people, and mine elect shal long enioy the worke of their hands.
- They shall not labour in vaine, nor bring forth for trouble: for they are the seede of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.
- And it shal come to passe, that before they call, I will answere, & whiles they are yet speaking, I will heare.
- The wolfe and the lambe shall feede together, and the lyon shall eate straw like the bullocke: and dust shalbe the serpents meat.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountaine, sayth the Lord.