- Moreouer, the word of the Lord came vnto Ieremiah the second time (while hee was yet shut vp in the court of the prison) saying;
- Thus saith the Lord the maker thereof, the Lord that formed it, to establish it, the Lord is his Name.
- Call vnto me, and I will answere thee, and shew thee great and mightie things, which thou knowest not.
- For thus sayth the Lord the God of Israel concerning the houses of this citie, and concerning the houses of the kings of Iudah, which are throwen downe by the mounts, and by the sword.
- They come to fight with the Caldeans, but it is to fill them with the dead bodies of men, whome I haue slaine in mine anger, and in my fury, and for all whose wickednesse I haue hid my face from this citie.
- Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and wil reueale vnto them the abundance of peace, and trueth.
- And I will cause the captiuitie of Iudah, and the captiuitie of Israel to returne, and will build them as at the first.
- And I will clense them from all their iniquitie, whereby they haue sinned against mee: and I will pardon all their iniquities whereby they haue sinned, and whereby they haue transgressed against me.
- And it shall be to me a name of ioy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall heare all the good that I doe vnto them: and they shall feare and tremble for all the goodnesse, and for all the prosperitie that I procure vnto it.
- Thus saith the Lord;
Againe there shall be heard in this place (which yee say shalbe desolate without man and without beast, euen in the cities of Iudah, and in the streetes of Ierusalem that are desolate without man and without inhabitant, & without beast.)
- The voyce of ioy and the voyce of gladnesse, the voyce of the bridegroome, and the voyce of the bride, the voyce of them that shall say;
Praise the Lord of hostes, for the Lord is good, for his mercy endureth for euer, and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the Lord;
for I will cause to returne the captiuitie of the land, as at the first, saith the Lord.
- Thus saith the Lord of hostes;
Againe in this place which is desolate without man and without beast, and in all the cities thereof shalbe a habitation of shepheards causing their flockes to lie downe.
- In the cities of the mountaines, in the cities of the vale, and in the cities of the South, and in the land of Beniamin, and in the places about Ierusalem, and in the cities of Iudah, shall the flockes passe againe vnder the hands of him that telleth them, saith the Lord.
- Behold, the dayes come, saith the Lord, that I will performe that good thing which I haue promised vnto the house of Israel, and to the house of Iudah.
- In those dayes, and at that time will I cause the branch of righteousnesse to grow vp vnto Dauid, and he shall execute iudgement and righteousnesse in the land.
- In those dayes shall Iudah be saued, and Ierusalem shall dwell safely, and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The Lord our righteousnesse.
- For thus saith the Lord;
Dauid shall neuer want a man to sit vpon the throne of the house of Israel.
- Neither shall the priests the Leuites want a man before me to offer burnt offrings, and to kindle meate offrings, and to doe sacrifice continually.
- And the word of the Lord came vnto Ieremiah, saying,
- Thus saith the Lord;
If you can breake my couenant of the day, and my couenant of the night, and that there should not be day, and night in their season:
- Then may also my couenant bee broken with Dauid my seruant, that he should not haue a sonne to reigne vpon his throne;
and with the Leuites the priests my ministers.
- As the hoste of heauen cannot be numbred, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seede of Dauid my seruant, and the Leuites that minister vnto me.
- Moreouer, the word of the Lord came to Ieremiah, saying;
- Considerest thou not what this people haue spoken, saying;
The two families, which the Lord hath chosen, he hath euen cast them off?
thus they haue dispised my people, that they should be no more a nation before them.
- Thus saith the Lord;
If my couenant be not with day and night, and if I haue not appointed the ordinances of heauen and earth:
- Then will I cast away the seede of Iacob and Dauid my seruant, so that I will not take any of his seede to be rulers ouer the seede of Abraham, Isaac and Iacob: for I will cause their captiuitie to returne, and haue mercie on them.