- Iesus went vnto ye Mount of Oliues:
- And earely in the morning hee came againe into the Temple, and all the people came vnto him, and he sate downe, and taught them.
- And the Scribes and Pharisees brought vnto him a woman taken in adultery, and when they had set her in the mids,
- They say vnto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
- Now Moses in the Law commanded vs, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
- This they said, tempting him, that they might haue to accuse him.
But Iesus stouped downe, and with his finger wrote on the ground as though he heard them not.
- So when they continued asking him, hee lift vp himselfe, and saide vnto them, Hee that is without sinne among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
- And againe, hee stouped downe, and wrote on the ground.
- And they which heard it, being conuicted by their owne conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, euen vnto the last: and Iesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
- When Iesus had lift vp himselfe, and saw none but the woman, hee said vnto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers?
Hath no man condemned thee?
- She saide, No man, Lord.
And Iesus saide vnto her, Neither doe I condemne thee: Goe, and sinne no more.
- Then spake Iesus againe vnto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth mee, shall not walke in darkenesse, but shall haue the light of life.
- The Pharisees therefore said vnto him, Thou bearest record of thy selfe, thy record is not true.
- Iesus answered, and said vnto them, Though I beare record of my selfe, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I goe: but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I goe.
- Yee iudge after the flesh, I iudge no man.
- And yet if I iudge, my iudgement is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
- It is also written in your Law, that the testimonie of two men is true.
- I am one that beare witnesse of my selfe, and the Father that sent mee, beareth witnesse of me.
- Then said they vnto him, Where is thy Father?
Iesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had knowen mee, yee should haue knowen my Father also.
- These words spake Iesus in the treasury, as hee taught in the Temple: and no man layd hands on him, for his houre was not yet come.
- Then saide Iesus againe vnto them, I goe my way, and ye shall seeke me, & shall die in your sinnes: Whither I goe, ye cannot come.
- Then said the Iewes, Will hee kill himselfe?
because he saith, Whither I goe, ye cannot come.
- And hee said vnto them, Yee are from beneath, I am from aboue: Yee are of this world, I am not of this world.
- I said therefore vnto you, that ye shall die in your sinnes.
For if yee beleeue not that I am hee, yee shall die in your sinnes.
- Then said they vnto him, Who art thou?
And Iesus saith vnto them, Euen the same that I saide vnto you from the beginning.
- I haue many things to say, and to iudge of you: But hee that sent mee is true, and I speake to the world, those things which I haue heard of him.
- They vnderstood not that hee spake to them of the Father.
- Then saide Iesus vnto them, When yee haue lift vp the Sonne of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I doe nothing of my selfe: but as my Father hath taught mee, I speake these things.
- And he that sent me, is with me: the Father hath not left mee alone: for I doe alwayes those things that please him.
- As hee spake those words, many beleeued on him.
- Then said Iesus to those Iewes which beleeued on him, If ye continue in my word, then are yee my disciples indeed.
- And ye shall know the Trueth, and the Trueth shall make you free.
- They answered him, We be Abraham seed, and were neuer in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Yee shall be made free?
- Iesus answered them, Uerily, verily I say vnto you, Whosoeuer committeth sinne, is the seruant of sinne.
- And the seruant abideth not in the house for euer: but the Sonne abideth euer.
- If the Sonne therfore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
- I know that yee are Abrahams seed, but ye seeke to kill mee, because my word hath no place in you.
- I speake that which I haue seene with my Father: and ye do that which ye haue seene with your father.
- They answered, and said vnto him, Abraham is our father.
Iesus sayth vnto them, If yee were Abrahams children, ye would doe the works of Abraham.
- But now yee seeke to kill me, a man that hath tolde you the trueth, which I haue heard of God: this did not Abraham.
- Ye doe the deeds of your father.
Then said they to him, We be not borne of fornication, wee haue one Father, euen God.
- Iesus said vnto them, If God were your Father, yee would loue me, for I proceeded foorth, and came from God: neither came I of my selfe, but he sent me.
- Why doe yee not vnderstand my speech?
euen because yee cannot heare my word.
- Ye are of your father the deuill, and the lusts of your father ye will doe: hee was a murtherer from the beginning, and abode not in the trueth, because there is no truth in him.
When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his owne: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
- And because I tell you the truth, ye beleeue me not.
- Which of you conuinceth mee of sinne?
And if I say the trueth, why doe ye not beleeue me?
- He that is of God, heareth Gods words: ye therefore heare them not, because ye are not of God.
- Then answered the Iewes, and said vnto him, Say wee not well that thou art a Samaritane, & hast a deuill?
- Iesus answered, I haue not a deuill: but I honour my Father, and ye doe dishonour me.
- And I seeke not mine owne glory, there is one that seeketh & iudgeth.
- Uerely, verely I say vnto you, If a man keepe my saying, hee shall neuer see death.
- Then said the Iewes vnto him, Now we know that thou hast a deuill.
Abraham is dead, and the Prophets: and thou sayest, If a man keepe my saying, he shall neuer taste of death.
- Art thou greater then our father Abraham, which is dead?
and the Prophets are dead: whom makest thou thy selfe?
- Iesus answered, If I honour myselfe, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me, of whom ye say, that he is your God:
- Yet ye haue not knowen him, but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shalbe a lyar like vnto you: but I know him, and keepe his saying.
- Your father Abraham reioyced to see my day: and he saw it, & was glad.
- Then said the Iewes vnto him, Thou art not yet fiftie yeeres olde, and hast thou seene Abraham?
- Iesus said vnto them, Uerely, verely I say vnto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
- Then tooke they vp stones to cast at him: but Iesus hidde himselfe, and went out of the Temple, going thorow the midst of them, and so passed by.