- Then answered Zophar the Naamathite, and said,
- Should not the multitude of words be answered?
and should man ful of talke be iustified?
- Should thy lies make men hold their peace?
and when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed?
- For thou hast said, My doctrine is pure, and I am cleane in thine eyes.
- But, O that God would speake, and open his lippes against thee,
- And that he would shew thee the secrets of wisedome, that they are double to that which is: know therefore that God exacteth of thee lesse then thine iniquitie deserueth.
- Canst thou by searching finde out God?
canst thou finde out the Almightie vnto perfection?
- It is as high as heauen, what canst thou doe?
deeper then hell, what canst thou know?
- The measure therof is longer then the earth, and broader then the sea.
- If he cut off, and shut vp, or gather together, then who can hinder him?
- For, he knoweth vaine men: hee seeth wickednesse also, will he not then consider it?
- For vaine man would be wise;
though man be borne like a wilde asses coult.
- If thou prepare thine heart, and stretch out thine hands toward him:
- If iniquitie be in thine hand, put it farre away, and let not wickednes dwell in thy tabernacles.
- For then shalt thou lift vp thy face without spot, yea thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not feare:
- Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that passe away:
- And thine age shalbe clearer then the noone day;
thou shalt shine foorth, thou shalt be as the morning.
- And thou shalt be secure because there is hope, yea thou shalt digge about thee, and thou shalt take thy rest in safety.
- Also thou shalt lye downe, and none shall make thee afraid;
yea many shall make suite vnto thee.
- But the eyes of the wicked shall faile, and they shall not escape, and their hope shall be as the giuing vp of the ghost.