- Then Ionah prayed vnto the Lord his God, out of the fishes belly,
- And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction vnto the Lord, and hee heard mee;
out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voyce.
- For thou hadst cast mee into the deepe, in the middest of the Seas, and the floods compassed me about: all thy billowes & thy waues passed ouer me.
- Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight;
yet I will looke againe toward thy holy Temple.
- The waters compassed mee about euen to the soule;
the depth closed mee round about;
the weedes were wrapt about my head.
- I went downe to the bottomes of the mountaines: the earth with her barres was about me for euer: yet hast thou brought vp my life from corruption, O Lord my God.
- When my soule fainted within mee, I remembred the Lord, and my prayer came in vnto thee, into thine holy Temple.
- They that obserue lying vanities, forsake their owne mercy.
- But I wil sacrifice vnto thee with the voice of thanksgiuing, I will pay that that I haue vowed: saluation is of the Lord.
- And the Lord spake vnto the fish, and it vomited out Ionah vpon the drie land.