- Now ye feast of vnleuened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passeouer.
- And the chiefe Priests and Scribes sought how they might kill him;
for they feared the people.
- Then entred Satan into Iudas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelue.
- And he went his way, and communed with the chiefe Priests and captaines, how he might betray him vnto them.
- And they were glad, and couenanted to giue him money.
- And he promised, and sought opportunitie to betray him vnto them in the absence of the multitude.
- Then came the day of vnleauened bread, when the Passeouer must be killed.
- And he sent Peter and Iohn, saying, Goe and prepare vs the Passeouer, that we may eate.
- And they said vnto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare?
- And he said vnto them, Behold, when ye are entred into the citie, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water, follow him into the house where he entreth in.
- And yee shall say vnto the goodman of the house, The Master saith vnto thee, Where is the ghest-chamber where I shall eate the Passeouer with my disciples?
- And he shall shew you a large vpper roume furnished, there make ready.
- And they went, and found as hee had said vnto them, and they made readie the Passeouer.
- And when the houre was come, he sate downe, and the twelue Apostles with him.
- And he said vnto them, With desire I haue desired to eate this Passeouer with you before I suffer.
- For I say vnto you, I will not any more eate thereof, vntill it be fulfilled in the kingdome of God.
- And hee tooke the cup, and gaue thanks, and said, Take this, and diuide it among your selues.
- For I say vnto you, I will not drinke of the fruit of the Uine, vntill the kingdome of God shall come.
- And hee tooke bread, and gaue thankes, and brake it, and gaue vnto them, saying, This is my body which is giuen for you, this doe in remembrance of me.
- Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the New Testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
- But beholde, the hand of him that betrayeth mee, is with mee on the table.
- And truly the Sonne of man goeth as it was determined, but woe vnto that man by whom he is betraied.
- And they began to enquire among themselues, which of them it was that should doe this thing.
- And there was also a strife among them, which of them should bee accompted the greatest.
- And hee saide vnto them, The Kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship ouer them, & they that exercise authoritie vpon them, are called benefactors.
- But ye shall not be so;
but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the yonger, and he that is chiefe, as he that doeth serue.
- For whether is greater, hee that sitteth at meat, or hee that serueth?
Is not he that sitteth at meat?
But I am among you as he that serueth.
- Ye are they which haue continued with me in my temptations.
- And I appoint vnto you a kingdome, as my Father hath appointed vnto me,
- That yee may eate and drinke at my table in my kingdome, and sit on thrones iudging the twelue Tribes of Israel.
- And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, beholde, Satan hath desired to haue you, that he may sift you as wheat:
- But I haue prayed for thee, that thy faith faile not;
and when thou art conuerted, strengthen thy brethren.
- And hee said vnto him, Lord, I am ready to goe with thee both into prison, and to death.
- And hee said, I tell thee Peter, the cocke shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrise denie that thou knowest me.
- And he said vnto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shooes, lacked ye any thing?
And they said, Nothing.
- Then saide hee vnto them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and hee that hath no sword, let him sel his garment, and buy one.
- For I say vnto you, that this that is written, must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: For the things concerning me haue an end.
- And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords.
And hee saide vnto them, It is ynough.
- And he came out, and went, as hee was wont, to the mount of Oliues, and his disciples also followed him.
- And when he was at the place, he said vnto them, Pray, that yee enter not into temptation.
- And he was withdrawen from them about a stones cast, and kneeled downe, and prayed,
- Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remooue this cup from me: neuerthelesse, not my will, but thine be done.
- And there appeared an Angel vnto him from heauen, strengthening him.
- And being in an agonie, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling downe to the ground.
- And when he rose vp from prayer, and was come to his disciples, hee found them sleeping for sorrow,
- And said vnto them, Why sleepe yee?
Rise, and pray, lest yee enter into temptation.
- And while he yet spake, behold, a multitude, and hee that was called Iudas, one of the twelue, went before them, and drewe neere vnto Iesus, to kisse him.
- But Iesus said vnto him, Iudas, betrayest thou the sonne of man with a kisse?
- When they which were about him, saw what would follow, they said vnto him, Lord, shall wee smite with the sword?
- And one of them smote the seruant of the high Priest, and cut off his right eare.
- And Iesus answered, and said, Suffer ye thus farre.
And he touched his eare, and healed him.
- Then Iesus said vnto the chiefe Priests, and captaines of the Temple, and the Elders which were come to him, Be ye come out as against a thiefe, with swords and staues?
- When I was daily with you in the Temple, yee stretched foorth no hands against mee: but this is your houre, and the power of darkenesse.
- Then tooke they him, and led him, and brought him into the high Priests house, and Peter followed afarre off.
- And when they had kindled a fire in the middes of the hall, and were set downe together, Peter sate downe among them.
- But a certaine maide beheld him as he sate by the fire, and earnestly looked vpon him, and said, This man was also with him.
- And he denied him, saying, Woman, I know him not.
- And after a little while another saw him, & said, Thou art also of them.
And Peter said, Man, I am not.
- And about the space of one houre after, another confidently affirmed, saying, Of a trueth this fellow also was with him;
for he is a Galilean.
- And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest.
And immediately while he yet spake, the cocke crew.
- And the Lord turned, and looked vpon Peter;
and Peter remembred the word of the Lord, how he had said vnto him, Before the cocke crow, thou shalt deny me thrise.
- And Peter went out, and wept bitterly.
- And the men that helde Iesus, mocked him, and smote him.
- And when they had blindfolded him, they stroke him on the face, and asked him, saying, Prophesie, who is it that smote thee?
- And many other things blasphemously spake they against him.
- And assoone as it was day, the Elders of the people, & the chiefe Priests and the Scribes came together, and led him into their Councell, saying,
- Art thou the Christ?
And hee said vnto them, If I tell you, you will not beleeue.
- And if I also aske you, you will not answere me, nor let me goe.
- Hereafter shal the sonne of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.
- Then said they all, Art thou then the Sonne of God?
And hee said vnto them, Ye say that I am.
- And they said, What need we any further witnesse?
For wee our selues haue heard of his owne mouth.