- The word of the Lord that came to Micah the Morasthite in the dayes of Iotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah Kings of Iudah, which hee saw concerning Samaria and Ierusalem.
- Heare all ye people, hearken O earth, and all that therein is, and let the Lord God be witnesse against you, the Lord from his holy temple.
- For behold, the Lord commeth forth out of his place, and will come downe and tread vpon the high places of the earth.
- And the mountaines shall be molten vnder him, and the valleis shall be cleft: as waxe before the fire, and as the waters that are powred downe a steepe place.
- For the transgression of Iacob is all this, and for the sinnes of the house of Israel: What is the transgression of Iacob?
Is it not Samaria?
and what are the high places of Iudah?
are they not Ierusalem?
- Therfore I will make Samaria as an heape of the field, and as plantings of a vineyard;
and I will powre downe the stones therof into the valley, and I will discouer the foundations thereof.
- And all the grauen images thereof shall be beaten to pieces, and all the hires thereof shall be burnt with the fire, and all the idoles therof will I lay desolate: for she gathered it of the hire of an harlot, and they shall returne to the hire of an harlot.
- Therfore I wil waile and houle, I will goe stript and naked: I will make a wailing like the dragons, and mourning as the owles.
- For her wound is incurable, for it is come vnto Iudah: he is come vnto the gate of my people, euen to Ierusalem.
- Declare yee it not at Gath, weepe yee not at all: In the house of Aphrah rowle thy selfe in the dust.
- Passe yee away thou inhabitant of Saphir, hauing thy shame naked;
the inhabitant of Zaanan came not forth in the mourning of Beth-ezel, he shall receiue of you his standing.
- For the inhabitant of Maroth waited carefully for good, but euill came downe from the Lord vnto the gate of Ierusalem.
- O thou inhabitant of Lachish, bind the charet to the swift beast: she is the beginning of the sinne to the daughter of Zion: for the transgressions of Israel were found in thee.
- Therfore shalt thou giue presents to Moresheth-Gath: the houses of Achzib shalbe a lie to ye kings of Israel.
- Yet wil I bring an heire vnto thee, O inhabitant of Mareshah: he shall come vnto Adullam, the glory of Israel
- Make thee bald, and polle thee for thy delicate children, enlarge thy baldnesse as the Eagle, for they are gone into captiuitie from thee.