- Woe to them that deuise iniquitie, and worke euill vpon their beds: when the morning is light, they practise it, because it is in the power of their hand.
- And they couet fields and take them by violence: and houses, and take them away: so they oppresse a man and his house, euen a man and his heritage.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, against this familie doe I deuise an euill, from which ye shall not remoue your necks, neither shall ye goe haughtily: for this time is euill.
- In that day shall one take vp a parable against you, and lament with a dolefull lamentation, and say, We be vtterly spoiled: hee hath changed the portion of my people: how hath he remoued it from me?
turning away hee hath diuided our fields.
- Therefore thou shalt haue none that shall cast a cord by lot in the Congregation of the Lord.
- Prophecie ye not, say they, to them that prophecie: they shall not prophecie to them, that they shall not take shame.
- O thou that art named the house of Iacob, is the Spirit of the Lord straitned?
are these his dongs?
doe not my words do good to him that walketh vprightly?
- Euen of late, my people is risen vp as an enemie: ye pull off the robe with the garment, fro them that passe by securely, as men auerse from warre.
- The women of my people haue ye cast out from their pleasant houses, from their children haue ye taken away my glory for euer.
- Arise ye and depart, for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you euen with a sore destruction.
- If a man walking in the spirit and falshood, doe lie, saying, I will prophecie vnto thee of wine and of strong drinke, he shall euen bee the prophet of this people.
- I will surely assemble, O Iacob, all of thee: I will surely gather the remnant of Israel, I will put them together as the sheepe of Bozrah, as the flocke in the midst of their fold: they shall make great noise by reason of the multitude of men.
- The breaker is come vp before them: they haue broken vp and haue passed through the gate, and are gone out by it, and their king shal passe before them, & the Lord on the head of them.