- And I said, Heare, I pray you, O heads of Iacob, and ye princes of the house of Israel: is it not for you to know iudgement?
- Who hate the good and loue the euill, who plucke off their skinne from off them, and their flesh from off their bones.
- Who also eate the flesh of my people, and flay their skinne from off them, and they breake their bones, and chop them in pieces, as for the pot, and as flesh within the cauldron.
- Then shall they cry vnto the Lord, but he will not heare them: he will euen hide his face from them at that time, as they haue behaued themselues ill in their doings.
- Thus saith the Lord concerning the Prophets that make my people erre, that bite with their teeth and crie;
Peace: and he that putteth not into their mouths, they euen prepare warre against him:
- Therefore night shall be vnto you, that yee shall not haue a vision, and it shall be darke vnto you, that yee shall not diuine, and the Sunne shall goe downe ouer the Prophets, and the day shall be darke ouer them.
- Then shall the seers be ashamed, and the diuiners confounded: yea, they shall all couer their lips;
for there is no answere of God.
- But truely I am full of power by the spirit of the Lord, and of iudgment and of might, to declare vnto Iacob his transgression, and to Israel his sinne.
- Heare this, I pray you, yee heads of the house of Iacob, and princes of the house of Israel, that abhorre iudgement and peruert all equitie.
- They build vp Zion with blood, and Ierusalem with iniquitie.
- The heads thereof iudge for reward, and the priests thereof teach for hyre, and the Prophets thereof diuine for money: yet will they leane vpon the Lord, and say;
Is not the Lord among vs?
none euill can come vpon vs.
- Therefore shall Zion for your sake be plowed as a field, and Ierusalem shal become heapes, and the mountaine of the house, as the high places of the forrest.