- And after sixe dayes, Iesus taketh Peter, Iames, and Iohn his brother, and bringeth them vp into an high mountaine apart,
- And was transfigured before them, and his face did shine as the Sunne, and his raiment was white as the light.
- And behold, there appeared vnto them Moses, and Elias, talking with him.
- Then answered Peter, and saide vnto Iesus, Lord, it is good for vs to be here: If thou wilt, let vs make here three tabernacles: one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
- While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud ouershadowed them: and behold a voyce out of the cloude, which saide, This is my beloued sonne, in whom I am well pleased: heare ye him.
- And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
- And Iesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
- And when they had lift vp their eyes, they saw no man, saue Iesus only.
- And as they came downe from the mountaine, Iesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, vntil the sonne of man bee risen againe from the dead.
- And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the Scribes that Elias must first come?
- And Iesus answered, and said vnto them, Elias truely shall first come, and restore all things:
- But I say vnto you, that Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but haue done vnto him whatsoeuer they listed: Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
- Then the Disciples vnderstood that he spake vnto them of Iohn the Baptist.
- And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certaine man, kneeling downe to him, and saying,
- Lord, haue mercie on my sonne, for he is lunatike, and sore vexed: for oft times he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
- And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
- Then Iesus answered, and said, O faithlesse and peruerse generation, how long shall I bee with you?
howe long shal I suffer you?
bring him hither to me.
- And Iesus rebuked the deuill, and hee departed out of him: and the childe was cured from that very houre.
- Then came the Disciples to Iesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
- And Iesus said vnto them, Because of your vnbeliefe: for verily I say vnto you, If yee haue faith as a graine of mustard seed, yee shall say vnto this mountaine;
Remoue hence to yonder place: and it shall remoue, and nothing shall be vnpossible vnto you.
- Howbeit, this kind goeth not out, but by prayer and fasting.
- And while they abode in Galilee, Iesus said vnto them, The sonne of man shall be betraied into the hands of men:
- And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised againe: And they were exceeding sorie.
- And when they were come to Capernaum, they that receiued tribute money, came to Peter, and said, Doeth not your master pay tribute?
- Hee saith, Yes.
And when hee was come into the house, Iesus preuented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon?
of whom doe the kings of the earth take custome or tribute?
of their owne children, or of strangers?
- Peter saith vnto him, Of strangers.
Iesus saith vnto him, Then are the children free.
- Notwithstanding, least we should offend them, goe thou to the Sea, and cast an hooke, and take vp the fish that first commeth vp: and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and giue vnto them for me, and thee.