- The burden of Nineueh.
The book of the vision of Nahum the Elkoshite.
- God is ielous, and the Lord reuengeth: the Lord reuengeth, and is furious, the Lord wil take vengeance on his aduersaries, and he reserueth wrath for his enemies.
- The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlewind, and in the storme, and the clouds are the dust of his feete.
- He rebuketh the sea, and maketh it drie, and drieth vp all the riuers: Bashan languisheth, and Carmel, and the floure of Lebanon languisheth.
- The mountaines quake at him, and the hilles melt, and the earth is burnt at his presence, yea the world and all that dwell therein.
- Who can stand before his indignation?
and who can abide in the fiercenesse of his anger?
his furie is powred out like fire, and the rocks are throwen downe by him.
- The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, & he knoweth them that trust in him.
- But with an ouer-running flood he will make an vtter ende of the place thereof, and darkenesse shall pursue his enemies.
- What doe ye imagine against the Lord ?
he will make an vtter ende: affliction shall not rise vp the second time.
- For while they be folden together as thornes, and while they are drunken as drunkards, they shall be deuoured as stubble fully drie.
- There is one come out of thee, that imagineth euill against the Lord: a wicked counseller.
- Thus saith the Lord, Though they be quiet, and likewise many, yet thus shall they be cut downe, when he shall passe through: though I haue afflicted thee, I will afflict thee no more.
- For now will I breake his yoke from off thee, and will burst thy bonds in sunder.
- And the Lord hath giuen a commandement concerning thee, that no more of thy name be sowen: out of the house of thy gods will I cut off the grauen image, and the molten image, I wil make thy graue, for thou art vile.
- Behold vpon the mountaines the feete of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace.
O Iudah keepe thy solemne feasts, performe thy vowes: for the wicked shall no more passe through thee, he is vtterly cut off.