- [To the chiefe Musician vpon Sheminith.
A Psalme of Dauid.]
- Helpe Lord, for the godly man ceaseth;
for the faithfull faile from among the children of men.
- They speake vanitie euery one with his neighbour: with flattering lips, and with a double heart do they speake.
- The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things.
- Who haue said, with our tongue wil we preuaile, our lips are our owne: who is Lord ouer vs?
- For the oppression of the poore, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise (saith the Lord,) I will set him in safetie from him that puffeth at him.
- The wordes of the Lord are pure wordes: as siluer tried in a fornace of earth purified seuen times.
- Thou shalt keepe them, (O Lord,) thou shalt preserue them, from this generation for euer.
- The wicked walke on euery side, when the vilest men are exalted.