- [A song of degrees of Dauid.]
- If it had not bene the Lord who was on our side: nowe may Israel say:
- If it had not bene the Lord, who was on our side, when men rose vp against vs:
- Then they had swallowed vs vp quicke: when their wrath was kindled against vs.
- Then the waters had ouerwhelmed vs;
the streame had gone ouer our soule.
- Then the proud waters had gone ouer our soule.
- Blessed be the Lord: who hath not giuen vs as a pray to their teeth.
- Our soule is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the foulers;
the snare is broken, and we are escaped.
- Our helpe is in the name of the Lord: who made heauen and earth.