- [To the chiefe Musician.
A Psalme of Dauid.]
- How long wilt thou forget mee (O Lord) for euer?
how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
- How long shall I take counsel in my soule, hauing sorrow in my heart dayly?
how long shall mine enemie be exalted ouer me?
- Consider and heare me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleepe of death.
- Least mine enimie say, I haue preuailed against him: and those that trouble mee, reioyce, when I am moued.
- But I haue trusted in thy mercy, my heart shall reioyce in thy saluation.
- I will sing vnto the Lord, because hee hath dealt bountifully with mee.