- By the riuers of Babylon, there wee sate downe, yea we wept: when we remembred Zion.
- Wee hanged our harpes vpon the willowes, in the midst thereof.
- For there they that carried vs away captiue, required of vs a song, and they that wasted vs, required of vs mirth: saying, Sing vs one of the songs of Zion.
- How shall we sing the Lords song: in a strange land?
- If I forget thee, O Ierusalem: let my right hand forget her cunning.
- If I doe not remember thee, let my tongue cleaue to the roofe of my mouth;
if I preferre not Ierusalem aboue my chiefe ioy.
- Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom, in the day of Ierusalem;
who sayd, rase it, rase it: euen to the foundation thereof.
- O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed: happy shall he be that rewardeth thee, as thou hast serued vs.
- Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.