- [To the chiefe musician,
A Psalme of Dauid.]
- The foole hath sayd in his heart, There is no God: they are corrupt, they haue done abominable workes, there is none that doeth good.
- The Lord looked downe from heauen vpon the children of men;
to see if there were any that did vnderstand and seeke God.
- They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no not one.
- Haue all the workers of iniquity no knowledge?
who eate vp my people as they eate bread, and call not vpon the Lord.
- There were they in great feare;
for God is in the generation of the righteous.
- You haue shamed the counsell of the poore;
because the Lord is his refuge.
- O that the saluation of Israel were come out of Sion!
when the Lord bringeth backe the captiuitie of his people, Iacob shall reioyce, and Israel shalbe glad.