- [To the chiefe Musician,
A Psalme of Dauid.]
- Deliuer me, O Lord, from the euill man: preserue me from the violent man.
- Which imagine mischiefes in their heart: continually are they gathered together for warre.
- They haue sharpned their tongues like a serpent: adders poison is vnder their lips.
- Keepe me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked, preserue me from the violent man: who haue purposed to ouerthrow my goings.
- The proude haue hid a snare for me and cords, they haue spread a net by the way side: they haue set grinnes for me.
- I said vnto the Lord, Thou art my God: heare the voyce of my supplications, O Lord.
- O God the Lord, the strength of my saluation: thou hast couered my head in the day of battell.
- Grant not, O Lord, the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked deuice, lest they exalt themselues.
- As for the head of those that compasse me about: let the mischiefe of their owne lips couer them.
- Let burning coales fall vpon them, let them be cast into the fire: into deepe pits, that they rise not vp againe.
- Let not an euill speaker bee established in the earth: euill shall hunt the violent man to ouerthrow him.
- I know that the Lord will maintaine the cause of the afflicted: and the right of the poore.
- Surely the righteous shall giue thankes vnto thy Name: the vpright shall dwell in thy presence.