- [To the chiefe Musician vpon Aijeleth Shahar.
A Psalme of Dauid.]
- My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken mee?
Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
- O my God, I crie in the day time, but thou hearest not;
and in the night season, and am not silent.
- But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel!
- Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliuer them.
- They cryed vnto thee, and were deliuered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.
- But I am a worme, and no man;
a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
- All they that see me, laugh me to scorne: they shoote out the lippe, they shake the head, saying,
- He trusted on the Lord, that he would deliuer him: let him deliuer him, seeing he delighted in him.
- But thou art hee that tooke mee out of the wombe;
thou didst make me hope, when I was vpon my mothers breasts.
- I was cast vpon thee from the wombe: thou art my God from my mothers belly.
- Be not farre from me, for trouble is neere;
for there is none to helpe.
- Many bulles haue compassed me: strong bulles of Bashan haue beset me round.
- They gaped vpon me with their mouthes, as a rauening and a roaring Lyon.
- I am powred out like water, and all my bones are out of ioynt: my heart is like waxe, it is melted in the middest of my bowels.
- My strength is dried vp like a potsheard: and my tongue cleaueth to my iawes;
and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
- For dogges haue compassed me: the assembly of the wicked haue inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feete.
- I may tell all my bones: they looke and stare vpon me.
- They part my garments among them, and cast lots vpon my vesture.
- But be not thou farre from mee, O Lord;
O my strength, hast thee to helpe me.
- Deliuer my soule from the sword: my darling from the power of the dogge.
- Saue me from the lyons mouth: for thou hast heard me from the hornes of the vnicornes.
- I will declare thy name vnto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.
- Yee that feare the Lord, praise him;
all yee the seede of Iacob glorifie him, and feare him all yee the seede of Israel.
- For he hath not despised, nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted;
neither hath he hid his face from him, but when he cried vnto him, he heard.
- My praise shalbe of thee, in the great congregation: I will pay my vowes, before them that feare him.
- The meeke shall eate and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seeke him;
your heart shall liue for euer.
- All the ends of the world shall remember, and turne vnto the Lord: and all the kinreds of the nations shall worship before thee.
- For the kingdome is the Lords: and he is the gouernour among the nations.
- All they that be fat vpon earth shall eate and worship: all they that goe downe to the dust shall bow before him, and none can keepe aliue his owne soule.
- A seed shall serue him;
it shalbe accounted to the Lord for a generation.
- They shall come, and shall declare his righteousnes vnto a people that shalbe borne, that he hath done this.