- [A Psalme of Dauid when he fled from Absalom his sonne.]
- Lord, how are they increased that trouble mee?
many are they that rise vp against me.
- Many there bee which say of my soule, There is no helpe for him in God.
- But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me;
my glory, and the lifter vp of mine head.
- I cryed vnto the Lord with my voyce, and he heard me out of his holy hill.
- I layd me downe and slept;
I awaked, for the Lord sustained me.
- I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that haue set themselues against me round about.
- Arise, O Lord, saue mee, O my God;
for thou hast smitten all mine enemies vpon the cheeke bone: thou hast broken the teeth of the vngodly.
- Saluation belongeth vnto the Lord: thy blessing is vpon thy people.