- [A Psalme,
and song at the dedication of the house of Dauid.]
- I wil extol thee, O Lord, for thou hast lifted me vp;
and hast not made my foes to reioyce ouer me.
- O Lord my God, I cried vnto thee, and thou hast healed me.
- O Lord, thou hast brought vp my soule from the graue: thou hast kept me aliue, that I should not goe downe to the pit.
- Sing vnto the Lord, (O yee Saints of his) and giue thanks at the remembrance of his holinesse.
- For his anger endureth but a moment;
in his fauour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but ioy commeth in the morning.
- And in my prosperitie I said, I shall neuer be mooued.
- Lord, by thy fauour thou hast made my mountaine to stand strong: Thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
- I cried to thee, O Lord: and vnto the Lord I made supplication.
- What profit is there in my blood, when I goe downe to the pit?
Shall the dust praise thee?
shall it declare thy trueth?
- Heare, O Lord, and haue mercie vpon me: Lord be thou my helper.
- Thou hast turned for mee my mourning into dauncing: thou hast put off my sackecloth, and girded mee with gladnesse:
- To the end that my glory may sing prayse to thee, and not be silent: O Lord my God, I will giue thankes vnto thee for euer.