- [A Psalme of Dauid,
to bring to remembrance.]
- O Lord, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
- For thine arrowes sticke fast in me;
and thy hand presseth me sore.
- There is no soundnesse in my flesh, because of thine anger: neither is there any rest in my bones, because of my sinne.
- For mine iniquities are gone ouer mine head: as an heauy burden, they are too heauie for me.
- My wounds stinke, and are corrupt: because of my foolishnesse.
- I am troubled, I am bowed downe greatly;
I goe mourning all the day long.
- For my loynes are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundnesse in my flesh.
- I am feeble and sore broken;
I haue roared by reason of the disquietnesse of my heart.
- Lord, all my desire is before thee: and my groning is not hid from thee.
- My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eies, it also is gone from me.
- My louers and my friends stand a loofe from my sore: and my kinsmen stand a farre off.
- They also that seeke after my life, lay snares for me: and they that seeke my hurt, speake mischieuous things, and imagine deceits all the day long.
- But I, as a deafe man, heard not;
and I was as a dumbe man that openeth not his mouth.
- Thus I was as a man that heareth not;
and in whose mouth are no reproofes.
- For in thee, O Lord, doe I hope: thou wilt heare, O Lord my God.
- For I said, heare me, least otherwise they should reioyce ouer me: when my foot slippeth, they magnifie themselues against me.
- For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.
- For I will declare mine iniquitie;
I will be sory for my sinne.
- But mine enemies are liuely, and they are strong: and they that hate mee wrongfully, are multiplied.
- They also that render euill for good, are mine aduersaries: because I follow the thing that good is.
- Forsake me not, O Lord: O my God, be not farre from me.
- Make haste to helpe mee, O Lord my saluation.